Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Peter Boyle


Peter Boyle is gone, and that is a bummer. Besides a great actor who took the almost all the best roles ever (only Christopher Lloyd ranks higher in great character roles)... but I believe he was a really nice guy. In Hollywood, like rock and roll, I believe most successful people are assmunches. In fact, I am already an assmunch in anticipation of one day being good at something.


I know you first met him in that Mel Brooks movie, Young Frankenstein. That was before my time. I first met him as Hunter S Thompson's lawyer Lazlo (Oscar Zeta Acosta) in the Bill Murray film 'Where the Buffalo Roam'. Did you know that Boyle was a monk? Yeah, the making beer praying to the lord type. Also, he was a very close friend of John Lennon. That carries a lot of weight with me.


Why else does Peter Boyle rule? Because he did the X Files, a few of them. I used to love that show like I loved the Sopranos. I used to love that show like I used to love Lost. Farewell, Pete. As your attorney, I advise you to have a drink with Hunter and Lennon wherever it is you three are.

No comments: